Advertising & Marketing Law
We all want to promote our products and services and show them in the best light. When doing this, it can be tempting to push the boundaries and stretch the truth a little.
Sometimes, we may want to compare our products and services to those of our competitors. We will want to show how ours are better (or we may even have a little fun at their expense). Whatever you do, you need to be careful.
The worlds of advertising and marketing are potentially a legal minefield. What starts off as a clever marketing campaign can soon backfire and become a PR disaster.
We can advise on many aspects of advertising and marketing law and the disputes that arise from them. These include:
- How to ensure your prize draws and competitions don’t become illegal lotteries
- How to ensure your advertising copy and promotional materials are legal
- Handling complaints made to the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA)
- Working with influencers
- How to ensure comparative advertising campaigns stay on the right side of the law
- How to carrying out direct marketing campaigns that are GDPR compliant and don’t infringe peoples’ personal data.