Contracts form the legal basis of a relationship. They’re essential in all businesses but are often overlooked as just a formality or being the boring small print. However, contracts serve several important purposes:
- They’re a permanent record of what you and whoever you’re working with have agreed. This helps to avoid misunderstandings that could lead to costly disputes;
- They help you comply with the law by including vital information that must be given to the other party; and
- They help reduce the risk of doing business by allowing you to limit, or in some cases completely exclude your liability if things go wrong.
Most businesses only need five types of contract to cover the vast majority of situation they find themselves in. We can help prepare and advise on each of them. Please click on the links below to find out more:
- Standard Terms & Conditions of Business
- Shareholders Agreements & Partnership Agreements
- Non-disclosure / Confidentiality Agreements
- Consultant / Freelancer Agreements
If you need advice on a specific type of contract that isn’t listed above, please get in touch. Sadly, many business owners don’t appreciate the true value of professionally prepared contracts until something goes wrong. Don’t be one of them!
Whether you need a new contract prepared or want to check that your existing contracts are still up to date, please give me a call for a no obligation chat about your options.